Dear Future Student:
On behalf of Teen Challenge of WNY I want to thank you for your interest in our program and we welcome you as you take these next steps to start a new life and find freedom from addiction.
The following requirements must be fulfilled in order for you to enter into our program. Each step must be completed before an entry date can be given and it is up to YOU to complete the steps. We will do everything we can to process your paperwork in a timely manner, accept you into our program and set up an intake date.
- Teen Challenge of WNY is a division of Teen Challenge Training Center.
- It is a Christian residential 14 month program for men ages 18+ with life controlling problems such as drugs, alcohol and crime. Approximately 4-6 months are spent in Buffalo, NY and 10 months in Rehrersburg, PA. This depends on how you follow the rules of this program.
- This is a Faith-based program and is founded on Christian principles and values.
- We also provide a Work Therapy program that you must participate in.
The COST for the program:
- A $750 Application Fee is required by each student. This is NON-REFUNDALBE IF YOU LEAVE.
- Students will also be required to pay $100 return fare fee. This is due upon entrance into the program.
- If you choose to leave after this has been paid, you must make a request in writing for a refund and provide an address to where the check can be sent. This request will be forwarded to the Training Center within 7 days. They will issue a check and mail it to the address provided within 30-45 days. You will NOT receive a cash refund upon leaving.
- Students are required to hand out sponsorship letters to help underwrite the cost for the ministry to operate.
- Must be a male 18+ years.
- All pending legal matters must be resolved before entering our program. However, a student can be court mandated to be here.
- Anyone that has been diagnosed with bipolar and is on psychiatric medications is not eligible. I recommend that you contact the Cleveland Ohio Teen Challenge at 440-259-3333.
- All medical and dental problems need to be addressed before entering the program. Please note that is very difficult in Erie County to get any form of assistance with medical & dental bills. Student will be responsible for any cost.
- We can NOT accept any Registered Sex Offenders.
Steps for applying:
- You must print out a copy of our application and fill it out completely and fax it back to me at 1-888-215-5987along with 2 forms of ID. A copy of a photo ID and Social Security Card are required.
- Attached to the application are Physical forms that must be completed by your doctor. A physical examination and blood work are a MANDATORY REQUIREMENT and you will NOT be admitted until they are turned in NO EXCEPTIONS. Please have the forms faxed to me. Once I receive them you will be put on the list for a bed.
- YOU must print out the Rule Book and bring it with you. Make sure you read it because during your phone interview I will ask you questions in regards to it.
- A phone interview will be conducted by the Intake Director and during this interview a date for your arrival will be determined.
- Application fee of $750 and $100 return fare fee for a total of $850.00 must be paid. (Non-refundable after admittance.)
- If the student is put on a waiting list he must call every Monday by 2 pm to secure his spot or he will be dropped down the list or removed.
- New students will be on a 2 week trial period. If he does not adhere to the rules of the program he is then subject to dismissal and would have to wait 30 days before reapplying.
- Arrival Time for admission must be approved by the Program Director and must be Monday –Thursday before 3pm. If you do not arrive as scheduled you will forfeit your bed. Exceptions will be made if we are notified that transportation was delayed. YOU MUST CALL to inform Staff of the delay at 716-855-0602.
- Call upon arrival for staff to pick you up.
What to expect once you arrive:
When you arrive you will be greeted by staff and the Intake Director will fill out your paperwork. You will be given a tour of the facility and shown where to find your schedule, the Chapel, and shown your room. You will be assigned a Senior Student that will help you for the first couple of days that you are here. A male staff will have to do a required search of your luggage and belongings. After your items have been searched you will then be taken to your room to unpack. If you have arrived by bus, train, or airplane you will be given a 5 minute phone call to let your family know that you have arrived safely.
I just want you to know that as you make this decision to come into this program that there is a wonderful staff and many volunteers that will stand behind you and with you through this time. We have a loving, caring staff and the volunteers that give of their time to counsel and encourage the students in our program. Most of all you will find the love and acceptance of a loving heavenly father that truly loves you for who you are.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call us at 716-855-0602.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Carol J. Stiegler
Office Manager/Intake Director